On 5/3/06, Roy T. Fielding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
However, I see no reason to start by changing the existing
module names and assuming that one cache fits all.

For simplicity sake, I agree.  Let's call this new thing
mod_cache_generic or mod_frobit.  However, let's not touch mod_cache
and friends for now.

We can rearrange things later if this new "architecture" actually has
any benefits.  I am concerned that overgeneralization is going to make
things slower.  So, I'd prefer to see us remove code rather than add;
but to also do it in parallel.  So, I'd like to defer touching
mod_cache until we know we have something that is concretely better. -- justin