On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 11:56:55AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Actually, if I read the license, I'm not sure this is a great idea to
> recommend now:
>
> http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/tools/sun_studio_tools/sssent/
>
> Specifically, it says:
>
> ---
> Permitted Use: Provided that You are a participant of the OpenSolaris
> community, You may use the software for Research and Instructional,
> Individual, and Commercial Use to design, develop, test, or otherwise
> engineer software.
> ---

Hmm, I think that page needs updating. AFAIK sun studio has been free
since version 11. In particular:
http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/cc/downloads/index.jsp
yeah, it does mention "FREE for SDN members" - but that's just another
way of asking people to register before downloading.
(helios has been running studio 11 since november).

vh

Mads Toftum