Jeff Trawick wrote:
> A lot of opinions were offered back in August.  Some were negative but
> I don't see anything that looks like a veto.
>
> (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200608.mbox/[EMAIL
> PROTECTED])
>
> A concern with the logging of server version has since been resolved,
> but implementation of the original feature died.  Before Sebastian
> Nohn's patch is revised to fit in with the subsequent changes, I'd
> like to confirm that nobody has a strong (veto) objection to the
> feature, and that those in favor clearly out number those against.

I recall the entire thread and two different implementations on trunk
and branches/2.2 - and I'm entirely -0 on the feature, but am only -1
if it masks the information in the internal error.log.  As I recall your
patches split the API so that the MPM will log the 'true version' and
that the patch will only affect the externally reported version.  If
my memory serves - then yes, let's proceed.