Guenter Knauf wrote:
may I ask a question on this topic: why is piped logging so
important, and why dont we add f.e. mod_log_rotate which does the job
of rotating logs more nicerly on every platform? That would avoid 95%
usage of piped logging: http://www.hexten.net/wiki/index.php/Mod-log-rotate

piped logging enables rotation for any kind of log file (at least log files of the modules that use the piped logging API). Examples:

- SSL log
- rewrite log
- mod_jk log

So it's not only about access logging.

sure, maybe there are other implementations like mysqllog or
pgsqllog, and such which use piped logging; however I've tried
already a lot, and none of all these 'solutions' work really
reliable...

Guen.

Regards,

Rainer