On Feb 12, 2008, at 4:31 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Guenter Knauf wrote:
Hi,
I was recently hacking on a script to create ca-bundle.crt:
http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/lib/mk-ca-bundle.pl
after I had finished my script I found that Joe already hacked a very similar script 3 years ago, and offered to the OpenSSL project:
unfortunately it seems that this script is only in CVS, and not distributed with AP 1.3 mod_ssl... I would like to contribute my script to httpd if there's some agreement; I have sucessfully tested my script on a couple of Linux hosts (also with older Perl 5.0005), on Win32 running ActivePerl, and on NetWare; and with OpenSSL 0.9.7 and 0.9.8 (where the OpenSSL commandline is only needed for optional text output). I've though no idea where it should live; probably in the ./test folder?

I'm wondering "why test/?" (goes for Dirk's as well).

Two days ago I would have expressed strong disagreement. To my surprize - the feedback I got where from people who seem to be using these sort of scripts not for just testing code (as I had intended) but as the starting point for their deployments and to generate their files.

...if it's very general for admins - why not support/ ?

Agreed,

Dw