Jim Jagielski wrote:

I'd prefer optimum runtime and let that drive how it gets exposed to
the admin, rather than the reverse... And then we can see if that
pain is worth it :)

  +1 to this as a guiding principle.

  I know our administrators would, above all else, like a standard
way to build up configuration files from templates.  Perhaps that could
be mod_macro packaged in the main distribution, or some kind of
"configulator" utility, or yet something else.

  Dynamic (re)configuration issues are a lesser concern for them, I
think; it would be great if whatever is implemented could be largely
optional so it can be loaded only if necessary.  Good luck at the
hackathon!

Chris.

--
GPG Key ID: 366A375B