On 4/29/08 3:52 PM, "Maxime Petazzoni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So, feel free to jump in and write down some
> ideas!

Some "short term" ideas:

-Interface/API to allow other modules to run Lua code:
wombat_init(/some/lua/file), wombat_run(some_lua "handle) or something
similar.  Mod_wombat could/should (?) use this interface internally.

-Allow <Lua hook>some lua code for this hook</Lua> in config.

-Do Lua binding in another module(s) (mod_headers, mod_expires, and mod_mime
look like they may be fairly easy).

-More Lua "glue" with httpd/apr as well as apreq.

-Other modules can hook into "initialization" hooks.  Ie, wombat_loadlibs
and push_request become hooks.  There was a version I did that did this.

Some longer term ideas:

-Lua bindings to most core modules where it makes sense.

-Ability to write "full" modules in Lua.

-mod_lsp (don't laugh, we are contemplating working on this...)

I have several itches that must be scratched in Lua/httpd.  I am willing to
help as my time permits.  I have a real project coming up that will
"require" some Lua integration, so I may as well base that on mod_wombat.

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer