Ruediger Pluem wrote:

On 08/22/2008 03:03 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
I'm thinking of tagging 2.3.0 alpha a month before we gather in New Orleans
for ApacheCon 2008/US <http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/> so that we can
begin to gather community feedback and actually /do/ something about it at
the hackathon.

My gut feeling is that there are still some issues with the new authentication
code. 3 Basic tests of our perl framework still fail there which might be
caused by wrong tests for the trunk, but either way it should be fixed.
Shouldn't this be addressed on trunk before branching (provided this is not
caused by faulty tests)?

This is the point (1. it's alpha, 2. no branch until (2.4)|(3.0) becomes
near-ready to be blessed).  Let's get trunk as 2.3.0-alpha, bump trunk
from 2.3.0-dev to 2.3.1-dev and start delivering these preview versions
of httpd to the world, especially for module authors who want to anticipate
their compatibility to httpd-next.

Bill