On 9/2/08 1:02 PM, "bing swen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is a little different viewpoint. According to some recent test reports
> comparing Apache 2.2 and Nginx 0.6/0.7 (from a blog website admin.), Apache
> could do as well as Nginx when there are a few connections each of which
> carries many many requests. The hard time for Apache came when there are
> many *slow connections*, each of which sends only a few small requests at
> large durations. In such condition, Apache could hardly respond when the no.
> of connections reached over 3,000 (even when there is still much free
> memory).

I saw this comparison somewhere.  It just does not seem to match what I have
seen.  Our little ole website has been known to take a few connections from
slow clients, but we have not really seen this slow down.  I'd like to see
more specifics of the test.  All of my numbers are from real world "stuff."

(FYI, "NAPI" is just a way which Linux handles NIC irq's better - a gross
simplification, but it makes a huge difference on very busy web servers.
I'm sure other OS's have something similar?)

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer