Ruediger Pluem wrote:
Did you check whether the currently running thread "proxy_ajp connect timeout
fix."
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200810.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]
and
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200810.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED])
does fix your issue on Windows?
I was watching this. I'll have to give this a try as it just became clear from the latest of these messages that the fix applied to Windows.
If httpd and the backends are running on the same machine this shouldn't take
a second. The connect call should return immediately with an error code
indicating
that the connection was refused (if the port is down).
Yes, that's what I'd assumed. It has become clear from testing on multiple machines that this is not the case. Another engineer did testing with Windows APIs directly in .NET app and came up with the same result -- over 1 second per port refusal.
If not is it possible that there is a local firewall that causes this trouble?
I tried disabling that and other such steps.

I certainly concur -- the refusal should be "immediate" and certainly /far/ faster than 1 second per port.

I've been left wondering if this isn't an odd-ball hack by Microsoft to slow down remote port scans.

I'll give the timeout fix a try, but I'm not hopeful given the data so far.

--
Jess Holle