Ruediger Pluem wrote:
On 10/13/2008 12:50 AM, Jess Holle wrote:
Perhaps I misunderstand things here, but isn't this connection timeout
setting used for more than just the timing out the initial formation of
the connection?  It would seem that logical that there would be a
connection timeout for forming the initial connection and another for
timeouts of responses, etc, but I had understood this was not the case. We currently have connection timeout set very, very large as otherwise
we got timeouts when the backend URL was something very computationally
intensive that took a long time to respond with data (e.g. a good number
of minutes).  That should seemingly be distinct from an initial
connection timeout, but my understanding was that it is not.

Am I just confused here?
No you are not. The next 2.2.x release will contain the parameter
connectiontimeout
where you can set *just* the connection timeout. The other parameter you are
referring
to is timeout. It will keep its meaning and will be used as a connection timeout
if connectiontimeout is not set.
Ah, so we additionally need something like Matt Stevenson's patch (or just change connection timeout to be a float or double rather than changing its units) to allow connection timeouts of much less than 1 second (e.g. 0.125 seconds) to address my Windows issue with slow connection rejection -- and that's /if/ Windows consistently connects in less than that timeframe when it is going to connect.

Right?

--
Jess Holle