I've managed to create a workaround for this issue with GetTcpTable().

The only remaining issue I have is that I don't want to call this too
often.  I want to hold on to the data with a time-to-live during which
I'll assume the data has not changed.

That's all easy enough except for locking.  That's easy at a logical
level, but where can I allocate locks for such a thing so that I simply
have a single lock per worker process (there's only one on Windows, of
course, which is all I care about) allocated up front for the life of
the process?

I'd like to just use APR locks (possibly read/write), but to do so I
clearly need to hook into the right place in the Apache life cycle and
the right pool.

--
Jess Holle

P.S. Sorry for the stupid question -- the nuances of Apache lifecycle,
pools, etc, are still clearly beyond me.