Nick Kew wrote:
> Paul Querna wrote:
>> Hi dev@,
>>
>> FYI, I intend to roll 2.3.0-alpha, our first release from trunk in
>> about 3 years, on Saturday December 6th.
>
> How about starting the process not with a roll, but with a proposed
> software configuration and feature set?

IMHO, that's the difference between having a dialog and having something
in hand to comment on.  With the .0-alpha tarball, people could make a
specific comment, such as [T +10 days from now]...

Nick Kew writes:
> Just OTTOMH and from a quick look at 2.3.0, I see we are missing:
>
>    - Expression parser (I dropped the ball there but intend to
>      pick it up)

and then that's an action item on yourself for 2.3.1.  I don't think
anyone expects 2.3.0 to be feature complete, that's why we let 2.3.x
hang around a little while.

+1 to creating a candidate.