On Dec 8, 2008, at 8:34 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

On Dec 8, 2008, at 8:15 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group wrote:

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Paul Querna
Gesendet: Sonntag, 7. Dezember 2008 08:18
An: dev@httpd.apache.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: [VOTE] Release Apache HTTP server 2.3.0-alpha

Test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.3.0-alpha are available at:

   http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

Your votes please;

±1
[  ]  Release httpd-2.3.0 as Alpha

I noticed one problem. Since we placed the proxy balancer modules in a
separate folder they get loaded *before* mod_proxy in the created
httpd.conf. This causes httpd to fail at start as the balancer modules
need symbols from proxy_util (which is linked into mod_proxy).

So I guess we either need to adjust the process that creates the LoadModule directives for our generated httpd.conf so that the balancer modules get loaded
later or we need to make said symbols optional functions.

Hmmmm.... Actually, we could do this at build time, since make
goes into the subdirs first and makes proxy/balancers and then proxy/,
so I need to figure out how to convince the build system to do
proxy first and then proxy/balancer... Any ideas from any
build system gurus?

Early, cold and no coffee... and Monday! Not a good start for
using one's neurons. Fixed...