Paul Querna wrote:
> Gregg L. Smith wrote:
>>
>> [Mon Dec 08 13:21:17 2008] [crit] Server MUST relinquish startup
>> privileges before accepting connections.  Please ensure mod_unixd or
>> other system security module is loaded.
>> Configuration Failed
>
> I'm guessing no one updated the winnt mpm for the changes to unixd.
>
> So the proposed release is busted on windows too :-)

Well, windows can't relinquish the context it is run-as (trivially)
without such things as user account passwords and so forth.  So, one
could say the unixd API is busted ;-)

But I wouldn't mind at all if windows emitted a notice that "This server
is running as a privilaged LocalSystem user, preventing access to any
network file systems (UNC Shares) - you are strongly encouraged to
reconfigure the <xxx> service to run-as a more restricted user"

and if running in another privileged context; "This server is running as
the a privilaged <xxx> user, you are strongly encouraged to reconfigure
the <xxx> service to run-as a more restricted user"

What happens on unix if started as the same user?