On Dec 9, 2008, at 1:30 PM, Chris Darroch wrote:

 One key question I have (jumping ahead a little) is whether
everyone who has contributed a patch to the project needs to contacted
and a signed contributor agreement recovered from them. If not, then I
would think that we'd just need a CLA from Pan Qingfeng to proceed
(and perhaps, in that case, we could skip the incubator stage, as
Apache ZooKeeper recently did).

 If we do need CLAs from all patch contributors, that might take
more time.  Fortunately, there's a good change log for the project
with names and email addresses; it includes some of the usual suspects
(like Paul Querna and myself) but also a number of other folks we'd need
to track down.

Since the orig code is GPL, then when people submitted the patches,
the expectation is that they would also be GPL. As such, for us
to be able to fold in the code, we would need iCLAs from everyone
who submitted a patch allowing us to relicense their bits as AL instead
of GPL... similar to what we needed to do when SpamAssassin come on board.