Rainer Jung wrote:

> Does it make sense to add the reliable piped logs way of handling
> loggers to the error log? Or is there any known dependency between the
> code used in ap_open_piped_log() and the error log itself?

When I was looking at this, the difference didn't make a whole lot of sense
to me, but I was not trying to make any mass changes, only more subtle
changes that corrected the number of open and lingering fd's.  Provided
that your patch to be consistent in registering reliable restart info
does work as a per-host error logger and the global stderr logger, I'd
say go ahead for 2.3 alpha.

But it would be interesting to look at this historically, why error loggers
were not in the original reliable piped logs implementation code path?

Bill