Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 13.05.2009 22:38, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> -1.  There's really no excuse to abstract an abstraction, when you
>> could have simply added 'int special_stderr;' to the piped_log struct.
>
> I reverted. Moving the new member to the existing piped_log structure
> makes it publicly visible. As for now we do not know any use case, where
> we actually want this to be set except for the main error log.

Please remember that any perl programmer is going to claim they can do just
about anything the core implementation can do in mod_perl, so I don't see
a reason to change that :)  Even if we were to accomplish what you were
trying to do, we would rather do so with a fixed opaque extent.  But...

>> Please revert the introduction of a _wrapper struct and let's simply
>> fix the piped_log structure?
>
> Do we really want to add it to the public API?

We don't "think like" apr in terms of transparency.  The question we want
to ask is, what fields of piped_log belong in a public API, if any.  And
if none, then let's move that out of the standard header.