Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 14.05.2009 15:49, Joe Orton wrote:
>>> Do we really want to add it to the public API?
>> There's no need for that structure to be exposed at all.  I had a patch
>> to fix that lying around - updated for trunk below and can commit later
>> when I've had time to test.
>
> Right, we only actually use ap_piped_log_write_fd() directly after
> ap_close_piped_log() (apart from the things in log.c themselves) and
> none of the functions in the public log API need to expose the
> definition of the struct. Good catch!

+1; please commit, I have more log.c changes that rely on this branch not
breaking again soon, to resolve the extra sh interpreter introduced several
years ago.

> Is removing a structure definition from a public header file allowed
> between 2.2 and 2.4? Phrased differently: would it allowed for a module
> author to use the structure details available in the installed 2.2
> header file and can he expect to be able to simply recompile his module
> for 2.4?

httpd subversion bumps really are other code bases' minor bumps, the minor
bumps are truly API-changing major bumps.  Which leaves major bumps to go
and completely rearrange the users expectations.

Yes; this is fine :)