On 6/3/09 7:50 PM, "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
wrote:

> 1. There are many and large and complex configurations out in the world.

Which is exactly why I want/need a better way to do them.  I'm currently
using a template system to generate them.  However I wind up with dozens
(and dozens) of vhosts that sometimes only vary by a statement or too.

A contrived example:

 -- lots of stuff
 if r.hostname == "www.domain.com" then
     -- a couple of things specific to this domain
 elseif r.hostname == "www.domain2.com" then

Of course, this example may could have a little lua glue to handle this
situation.

Also, I'm not just talking about lua being the config language, I want lua
to "drive" the httpd process.  Ie, the above code gets ran on every request.

> 2. I admit that some improvements are needed. How about an approach that
> allows
>    to embed a macro / scripting language into the current configuration system
>    that allows you to do more advanced things if you need to.

If we provided enough glue within our modules for lua, this this would be
fairly easy.  I already fake this a bit with mod_lua and handlers that do
most of the work.
--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer