Jeff Trawick wrote:

> (brain dump since I have to get some real work done)

:)

> Here's a patch to get the proper header files included for the apr 0.9.x
> compatibility code.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~trawick/fcgid_2.0.x_detect.patch
>
> Is it worth the trouble to make that ugly code (copy of apr_shm_remove)
> compile correctly?  Should we just add that function to the
> not-anally-versioned APR 0.9.x?

Sure.  Let's get it building correctly without updating 0.9.x; it serves
as a good example of this module build schema.  The four lines of fchmod
example in configure.apxs be deleted.  And it appears there is a stray ')'
at the end of your revised APACHE_MODULE line.

Just need to strip all these checks when brought into httpd trunk,
if we do so.

> My configure.apxs build currently fails to find mod_fcgid.a; that
> doesn't seem to be related to the patch, but that knowledge
> brings only so much happiness...  And I haven't tried building in-tree.

:)  How does modules.mk from .apxs compare with a normal modules.mk that
would exist in one of your modules/ subdirectories of a normal 2.0 build?
Is it invoking the right libtool (copied into apr/build/)?  There are some
flaws in the httpd-2.0 installation still, particularly if apr ends up
installed in a different directory than httpd.