On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 3:53 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wr...@rowe-clan.net>wrote:

> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >>   [ ] +1 to release as 2.3.1-beta
> >
> > With +1's recorded from chrisd, trawick and wrowe, the package is
> > released as-beta (due principally to the more experimental auth issues
> > and terse documentation).

and new build system and new cooks in the kitchen and ...

I don't think the auth issues are that important w.r.t. GA.  They were
experimental before and still are.  I'm more concerned myself with finishing
any configuration fixes (like the server conf changes) that might change the
behavior of some existing configurations.

Doc certainly is important.

> And this is done.
>
> > At 2pm EDT we can go ahead and sync the entire site, but I won't be at
> > the office for an hour or so after that, so if anyone beats me to it,
> > terrific :)
>
> There were several false starts, stalled synchronization, config issues
> etc,
> but I believe
>

>  http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/
>
> is looking fine.  /download and /modules should also be good now.  But
> if someone else wants to follow up just to catch any typos, that would
> be great.

It looks good.

(If I understood why my build of the html reference page doesn't fill in
Status:, I could help keep that up to date ;) )

> It's great to see this released at last!  I will get mod_ftp and mod_fcgid
> binaries for win32 up on the site this weekend, as well (ftp's as I roll
> the new 0.9.6 attempt).
>
> How soon do we want another tarball with the whole flurry of fixes
> committed to mod_fcgid already?

I'd like to see another beta within the week, and a GA within the month.
(This could easily drag on forever.)