Jeff Trawick wrote:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Barry Scott <barry.sc...@onelan.co.uk <mailto:barry.sc...@onelan.co.uk>> wrote:

    The mod_fcgid page says to ask on dev I assume that this is the
    right place to ask.

    I'm using mod_fcgid from svn with HTTPD 2.2.

    I want to use a fast CGI authorizer to allow me to control access
    based on my rules.
    The authorizer needs to be a long running process - never exits.

    I know that the fcgid code is noticing the directive because I can
    change the filename
    and see the error message from the sources.

    But I'm at a lose as to the required to get this configuration to
    actually call my code.
    mod_fcgid is not starting up the authorizer process.

    I have the following fcgid specific lines in my httpd.conf file:

    ---- httpd.conf ----
    LoadModule fcgid_module modules/mod_fcgid.so

    Listen *:9000
    <VirtualHost *:9000>
     <Location />
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
         AuthType Digest

Did you really mean Digest authentication instead of Basic authentication?

mod_fcgid only supports Basic, AFAICT.

    /* Get the user password */
    if ((res = ap_get_basic_auth_pw(r, &password)) != OK)
        return res;

I don't want to be an authenticator, I want to be a authorizer.
Authorizer has no need of passwords right.

Barry