Jeff Trawick wrote:
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Barry Scott <barry.sc...@onelan.co.uk <mailto:barry.sc...@onelan.co.uk>> wrote:

    At this point let me ask this:

    Is it possible with the current code to ever have the fcgid
    Authorizer called?

yes

thanks for the confirmation and the example.

I now have my Authorizer code and have the authentication happening.

Listen *:9000
<VirtualHost *:9000>
   <Location />
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
       AuthType Digest
       AuthName "Manager System"
       AuthUserFile /home/bscott/Work/httpd-fcgid-test/auth/http.passwd

       Require onelan magic
FastCgiAuthorizer /home/bscott/wc/svn/NTB-Next/onelan/DSM/Sources/WebUserInterface/bin/Authorizer.sh
   </Location>
</VirtualHost>

What I have learned about the code is this:

* If any Require directive is present a 401 is returned if no credentials are sent * If any Require directive is present and credentials are present they are checked and the username is set in r. * If any Require directive is present and its not processed by any other authorizer the FastCgiAuthorizer is run

It would be nice to reserve a Require entity name for use by fast CGI.
The code as written today does not care if a Require entity name is processed by any module. Use of valid-group that sound officialbut is simply a Require entity name that no module supports.

Barry