Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 11:29 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
>
>> As for broken versioning rules, please take that to APR.
>>
>> Perhaps in retrospect, APR would consider an even/odds approach as httpd
>> has for adding (even eliminating) interfaces during a development cycle.
>
> IMO the determination could be as simple as whether or not a release
> in the maj.min series has yet been declared GA.

Not sufficient, IMHO, unless we add the appropriate indicators to allow
feature tests in apr 2.0.  E.g. the current test is VERSION_MAJOR >= 1
&& VERSION_MINOR >= 4 and the APR versioning contract says that test is
always sufficient.

This dialog reads like folks may assume the httpd MMN feature tests
work for APR functions, but there isn't such a feature test in APR.