On 25.11.2009 23:43, Paul Querna wrote:
Test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.3.4-alpha are available at:
    <http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/>

Your votes please;

  +/- 1
  [  ]  Release httpd-2.3.4 as Alpha

Vote closes at 18:00 UTC on Monday November 30 2009.

May your Thanksgiving be filled with Turkey and httpd testing,

I'm +0 as an alpha.

I reported a crash a couple of minutes ago, but it's not clear at the moment, whether it's only a problem in mod_logio (which is rarely used) or a more general problem concerning optional function hooks and restarts.

Other small things:

1) Use of AP_LDAP_OPT_DEBUG in modules/ldap/util_ldap.c, already fixed by Günter.

2) HTTP KeepAlive: there is still a problem with FD handling (no surprise, because nothing changed since 2.3.1): see

  http://marc.info/?t=123102466200005&r=1&w=2

In apr configure, there are (at least) two places with

  $RM conftest*

but RM=rm and conftest* doesn't exist at that moment, so it obviously produces

  conftest*: No such file or directory

Line numbers are 13902 (and 13957) and also 15018. Don't know whether RM should be "rm -f" or instead it should "$RM -f contest*".

3) configure in the expat directory throws a syntax error:

.../srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/configure[2462]: syntax error at line 3321 : `(' unexpected

It has to do with the function lt_if_append_uniq used there. If I rebuild configure using the buildconf.sh script inside the expat directory, the function is no longer used in the configure script and the error is gone. It seems the function lt_if_append_uniq() comes from libtool 2.2. I use 1.5.26. Looks like we have to agree on minimum toolchain needed and fix documentation if we upgrade to libtool 2.2 as a requirement.

Regards,

Rainer