Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 6:21 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Remember your -deps vote is to approve the release of apr 1.4.0-dev and the
>> apr-util 1.4.0 dev, and the API versioning rules will bind from that release
>> forwards.
>
> The APR versioning rules are hopelessly broken if a tarball snapshot
> of the 1.4.x branch before a GA release casts the API in stone.
>
> Surely I misunderstood you.

Is there a README indicating that the MAJOR/MINOR version tests for this
particular tarball are not relevant/complete?  No.

This is not a snapshot.  It is labeled httpd-2.3.4-alpha.tar.xx release.
You surely don't misunderstand what I said.

As for broken versioning rules, please take that to APR.

Perhaps in retrospect, APR would consider an even/odds approach as httpd
has for adding (even eliminating) interfaces during a development cycle.