On 29.04.2010 18:14, Greg Ames wrote:
I re-read this thread and see that we have a request in progress, so
this isn't RFC approved behavior.  Sorry for the noise.

Hmmm, it depends. The situation observed and the discussion I raised is about an established connection having already returned a Connection: Keep-Alive and a response, waiting for the next request, and now a process shutdown arrived via e.g.

- graceful-stop

or

- MaxRequestsPerChild reached

or

- MaxSpare detected during maintenance

Yes, in the observed situation the next request for the connection has already been transmitted and ACKed, but not yet read by Apache. So from the point of view of the web server it hasn't yet accepted the request but it could find out whether there is one waiting to be handled, from the point of view of the client the next request has been successfully transmitted.

Regards,

Rainer

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de