On 2010-05-11 at 12:59, "Akins, Brian" <brian.ak...@turner.com> wrote:

> The hook runner itself should just be in lua.  Instead of scripts, you write
> lua modules.  If a lua module has a function with the correct names (ie,
> same as hooks) it uses that:
>
> Ie in my module foo
>
>  function fixups( r )
>

> Would get called at fixups, etc.
>

> No need for a state per file, etc. Just have one state per thread.

That sounds like a bigger change to how everything works.  So we'd just
associate a Lua module with a configuration context, then any functions
defined in that module with names the same as hooks would get invoked in
those request phases?

Even if we don't go that far, I like the idea of just naming the
functions the same as the hooks, and not cluttering the configuration
with function names that most people will probably make the same as the
hook names anyway.  Maybe we should just drop the function names from
the configuration.