On 6/4/10 10:37 PM, "Paul Querna" <p...@querna.org> wrote:
> The most iteresting thing in this space since VCL was created is the
> development of LLVM & clang.  It seems like if you wanted to build
> this these days, that would be where to start, though including an
> entire compiler stack does seem both a dainting task, and one that
> creates many other issues.

Yeah, I thought about that as well.  However, I already know C ;)  A
"config/runtime language" built using llvm could probably be just as fast as
writing straight C.

The thing I hate about VCL is that it teases you with being C like, but
without the power.

Maybe I'm just old and crufty, but C is actually easier for me than 90% of
the config languages I've seen.

--
Brian Akins