On 25 Aug 2011, at 17:45, Greg Ames wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> Now that the memory utilz is being fixed, we need to determine
> what sort of usage we want to allow… I'm guessing that people
> are ok with http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/311
> as the guiding spec?
>
> I'm no longer convinced that we *need* to merge/optimize the Range header.
> Stefan's fix to the brigade plumbing has converted O(N^2) memory + CPU use
> into something scalable.

Same feeling here. BUT that is based on the FreeBSD platform I care about. And
we have noticed earlier that Ubuntu (which its default commit pattern in the
vm) behaves very differently.

So is it fair to assume this reasoning holds across the board -- or should we
get some very explicit +1's on this appraoch from key linux, windows and what
not users ?

Dw