On 3/15/2012 4:07 AM, Issac Goldstand wrote:

> Any chance you can elaborate on "It appears MSDN documentation was not
> our friend... etc"?

>From MSDN and my understanding of the new wait-on-event API, it appeared
that MSDN suggested these would be defaults and we would have to adjust
for apr's assumptions (in server/mpm/winnt/child.c);

        /* Restore the state corresponding to apr_os_sock_make's default
         * assumption of timeout -1 (really, a flaw of os_sock_make and
         * os_sock_put that it does not query to determine ->timeout).
         * XXX: Upon a fix to APR, these three statements should disappear.
         */
        ioctlsocket(context->accept_socket, FIONBIO, &zero);
        setsockopt(context->accept_socket, SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVTIMEO,
                   (char *) &zero, sizeof(zero));
        setsockopt(context->accept_socket, SOL_SOCKET, SO_SNDTIMEO,
                   (char *) &zero, sizeof(zero));

but no, apparently this is not the case, and these can't be assumed to be
appropriate for both AcceptEx and accept style logic.