On 18.02.2013 19:45, Michael Felt wrote:
> I really need to learn how to do the tests you guys do. iirc it is not
> as simple as "make check" or "make test".

For starters there's a README at:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/test/framework/trunk/README?view=co

You'll need Perl plus the Perl module bundle
Apache-Test/lib/Bundle/ApacheTest.pm as explained in the README. If your
Perl is old, the bundle might install more dependency modules.

The modules also require some libraries installed, especially openssl.

Then you'll need an installed httpd and make sure the you load all
modules you want to test in the httpd.conf.

Finally you check out
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/test/framework/trunk/ and run the
Perl test framework from there as described in the README.

Regards,

Rainer