From: "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Date: 06/20/2013  4:07 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: T-24:00:00 to 2.0, 2.2 final tags

Devs,

I plan to tag both the 2.0 and 2.2 trees now that they look relatively
stable, given that we are a couple weeks beyond the originally discussed
2.0/2.2/2.4 simultaneous release.  There is one backport to apply in 2.2
and we had been waiting for Jeff to confirm that the proposed security
fix now addresses all of his issues now in the 2.0 tree.  I have free
time to do this tomorrow late afternoon, so if anyone has their fingers
in the trees with last minute work, send me a heads up so I can avoid
colliding with your efforts.

If there is a 2.4 vote proceeding smoothly we can always defer the
announce so that there is a single, clear message we recommend 2.4,
that 2.2 is a maintenance release for legacy users, and that 2.0
represents the final release of that software and that it will no
longer be maintained by the project.