On 23.10.2013 16:48, Dr Stephen Henson wrote:
> Well the handling remains in ssl_init_ctx_protocol but now an SSL_CONF_CTX
> with
> appropriate flags is created in moddssl_ctx_init. That is done because a valid
> SSL_CONF_CTX is needed to call SSL_CONF_cmd_value_type in
> ssl_cmd_SSLOpenSSLConfCmd.
>
> So my thought was (if unnecessary SSL_CONF_CTX creation is a problem) change
> the
> modssl_ctx_init to just set mctx->ssl_ctx_config to NULL and instead create a
> new SSL_CONF_CTX in ssl_cmd_SSLOpenSSLConfCmd if mctx->ssl_ctx_config is NULL.

Ah, ok, I was missing the point of SSL_CONF_CTX now being necessary in
ssl_cmd_SSLOpenSSLConfCmd. Creating it on first use then seems like a
reasonable approach. Perhaps it would also make sense to free
SSL_CONF_CTX in ssl_init_ctx_protocol after having called
SSL_CONF_CTX_finish (as was done before r1534754)?

Kaspar