On 8/5/14 2:21 PM, Mark Blackman wrote:
> This might be more of user than dev question, but as the discussions about
> timing were here, I’ll go with here.
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/201407.mbox/<20140721075315.ec908e91c20de17e6e448089a4bc3ed2.f963b4ea46.wbe%40email11.secureserver.net>
>
> suggested the 2.2.28 tagging and presumably release is imminent,
> however, http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/tags/2.2.28 is still a
> 404.
>
> I understand the mechanics of open source projects, so this is not a
> “hurry-up”,
> it’s just a "can I get Apache 2.2.28 into my next hosting platform release or
> not”,
> the contents of which will be frozen on Aug. 15.
>
> I’m mostly interested in the CVE updates, so I can tell users we’re clear of
> them.
> If the 2.2.28 release is not likely before Aug. 15, that’s fine, I just
> wanted to be sure.

Beyond just the CVE changes there are other changes such as the fix for PR
56480 that people want in a 2.2.x release.  Some Subversion users are still
needing to use 2.2.x for reasons that aren't terribly important to go into here.

I've been patiently waiting for this release to happen, but it's been nearly a
month now since the original intent to roll email came out.

I'd do the rolling myself but I'm not 100% clear on what needs to happen.  So
if someone can do a little hand holding I'll be happy to do the release myself.
 I'm generally familiar with how the ASF does releases since I do the
Subversion release regularly.  So this would be entirely about the specifics of
rolling the release.