On 11/30/2014 11:08 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> * deploying Python web apps under uWSGI behind mod_proxy_fcgi/scgi
> (some material
> here: http://emptyhammock.com/projects/info/pyweb/index.html)
> * a debugging tricks talk I've given a few times (relatively minor
> updates from the last North America AC)
> * drastically updated (rewritten) version of an old
> capacity-tuning-and-performance talk I gave at a Sun conference in
> 2009
> (https://blogs.oracle.com/trawick/resource/DeepDive/WebStackDeepDiveApache.pdf)

Similarly, I'm always up for giving my proxy talk if it's welcome (after
the first day since I can't make it until Tues). If we think proxy is a
big topic, we ought to arrange for a general overview like my proxy talk
followed by more specific deep dives such as what Jeff mentions here and
a session on new sexiness like WebSockets. Tuning for throughput is also
an interesting topic and in line with the conversations lately (Re:
commercial support).

A side note on SSL/security: I had the idea a few years back that there
is probably enough content to do a "here is 5 minutes about how to
configure SSL in httpd" and then 50 minutes of other important security
topics (What Ciphers should I enable? Should I use SSLv3 any more? How
to treat my keys and what the hell is an HSM anyway? Passphrase
encrypted keys or not? Should I trust my distro's build?). Thoughts are
welcome on that topic... not sure if I'm overly paranoid or if these are
things that people actually want to hear?

--
Daniel Ruggeri