As this is not a regression from 2.4.13 or 2.4.14 candidates, it seems to
me we should ship.
I am mostly a lurker on this list but I feel I need to chime in on this.

The mistake with that sentiment is that it is imposing largely invisible to users, internal processes onto said users. The public never saw 2.4.1[34] so I would consider the above irrelevant. From the user's point of view, going from the last publicly released version (2.4.12) to the new one, this *would* be a regression. The fact that this was not caught in 2.4.1[34] is a gap in the testing process, and shouldn't be (IMHO) grounds for breaking working sites with a patch release.

Just my $0.02.

Kean