On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 11:37 AM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or, if that's needed (for all "ctype" functions), why don't we:
>         ap_xlate_proto_from_ascii(&c, 1);
> at the very beginning of each loop and be done with it?
>
> Is it because we are mixing quoted string literals (natively EBCDIC)
> and char comparisons?
>
> (I'm a bit lost on where are/aren't EBCDIC octets here).

I think it's unique to this one, because the RFC talks about
significance of the high bit on the ascii representation.  isascii
checks that bit in the native encoding on the one EBCDIC system I
think we can really support.  So we need to map it to the ascii
representation first, the reverse of what we did shortly after pulling
it off the wire.

iscntrl and the others expect EBCDIC and return the right result, we
don't need to convert ab EBCDIC CR to ASCII CR then find some ascii
way to see if it's still a control character.

--
Eric Covener
cove...@gmail.com