On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 7:28 PM, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> But I mean we pre-suppose in gen_test_char that for T_HTTP_TOKEN_STOP
>> and T_HTTP_CTRLS, TEST_CHAR (in util.c) will be called with ascii
>> bytes (because they come from the network in ap_getline_core(), not
>> from ap_getline() where a2e actually occurs).
>
> I agree that would be busted, but I don't see it. Got a hint?

Nevermind, I thought ap_{get,scan}_http_{token,field_content}()
functions were called from ap_getline_core() (i.e. before ap_getline()
and the a2e), but in fact it's from ap_get_mime_headers_core() where
a2e is already in place, so they have to work with native chars
actually, like other similar util.c functions.

You (and Bill) have just clarified why isascii() was special on (some)
ebcdic systems, I got it now.

Sorry for the noise, and thanks for explanations!