When you use Let's Encrypt, the default is to
include /etc/letsencrypt/options-ssl-apache.conf in your config.  That's
(presumably) updated whenever you update the certbot package.  Similarly, I
suppose you can just put your own SSL settings in a file that you include.
I was trying some settings, so I have
/etc/apache2/ssl/cipherlist-strong.conf and
/etc/apache2/ssl/mozilla-modern.conf for example.  But I don't think this
allows for merging of policies.