Luca says: ....executing scripts in response to an event ....

I hope you are aware of the MDNotifyCmd, which is executing a script on the event that a renew is OK. I am not a coder: for me looks it not that difficult to make an Else statement when it is NOT_OK. To notify on error is much more needed then notify on all fine.

Luca says: ....get all the feedback from a broader users community (the one testing latest 2.4.x versions)....

We have quite a base of early adopters, my comments/testing/requests/behaviors are mostly based on the feedback from them who trying to run on the latest versions. Sadly enough there are users that are stopping, mostly for them it is not that easy to understand, special on errors. Also some do not see an added value over for example certbot or letsencrypt-win-simple, a typical feedback is at www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=35905#35905 .
Time for us to advertise the add value over them.

Steffen