++1

The current versioning and times are fine for me. Only the vote time is too
short. At Apachelounge I have once in a while  RC’s from branches before
voting, so the community had more time to test.  Issues are then earlier
discovered.

Distributors are free to have a RC any time when they think, looking at changes
in branches, it helps.