> Am 12.09.2018 um 14:48 schrieb Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com>:
>
> As I said before, the main assumption in my suggestion is that there are
> things in trunk that "really should" be in some releasable version, stuff
> significant enough to warrant the work, but is "impossible" to be backported
> to 2.4.
>
> If there are no real significant-but-impossible-to-backport features in
> trunk, then the proposal itself is moot.
>
> So let's think about it: What is currently in trunk that is a pretty
> significant improvement? Then ask if it is directly backportable. Certainly
> the effort in backporting from trunk to 2.4.x is much less than the effort in
> spinning out 2.6.x and considering all things, that should be the primary
> flow.

There are things I'd like to do for 2.5.x-to-become-2.6 releases that I cannot
to in 2.4.x and will not do before that. I assume this holds also true for
others.

To put it another way: current trunk is dead code to me. Only a stopover for
2.4.x (aka release version). For the last three years, it was just in the way.

Or another way: I am too old to commit to trunk only. ;)

-Stefan