Hi Eric,

Thanks for the feedback. Though Wasm is relatively new it is being adopted by
other HTTP-related projects, like NGINX and Envoy proxy and even ASF projects
like APISIX. We want to contribute upstream to bring some of these new features
to the Apache web server, similarly to how we are working to contribute our
changes to other projects upstream (SQLite, PHP). We plan to continue to
development and maintenance regardless of future VMware involvement. In fact,
the reason we started this project was because our manager Daniel Lopez was an
early ASF member and he looks at this as a way to contribute back to the
community. We are initially targeting support for regular web apps such as
WordPress, but we plan for mod_wasm to enable safely extending Apache's own
functionality, providing access to the module API from Wasm code.