On 8/20/24 9:01 AM, Vladimir Chlup wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It's not necessarily related, but some time ago, I created a PR
> (https://github.com/apache/httpd/pull/437) that adds git commands
> for apr checkout to INSTALL. Given that everything is also on git, svn is not
> needed. Especially if the switch happens, I think it
> would be nice to have it in.

Cross posting as this affects APR.
Just for clarification: The move to use git for RW is just for httpd, not for
APR. Nevertheless the git instructions can be useful
for people who do not want to / cannot commit back directly into the repository
either because they just want to build the latest
code or if they want to prepare a PR on Github.
Hence I see value in the change, but it should be noted that git in the APR
case is a read only clone of the Subversion repository.

Regards

RĂ¼diger