IMO, that is like "Can we clean a toilet with a toothbrush?"

Yes, we can, but who wants to offer up their toothbrush? Not me! :-)

The question to me is:

"Can we get the iBATIS jars to the maven repository without doing a
maven build, and is it the right way to do it?"

Yes we can, but no it's not.

Larry