Hi everyone,

Recently we have been hosting an increasing number of meetings for design
discussions and community syncs as more people are getting interested in
Iceberg and start to contribute exciting features. Right now we are relying
on individuals to send out meeting invites using free apps, but we are
restricted by the limitations of those apps.

I wonder if there is a way for us to leverage a paid remote meeting service
through Apache foundation or any other organization who is willing to
sponsor such community meetings. This would allow us to have the following
benefits:

1. We are no longer restricted by the 1 hour time limit for Google Meet (40
min for Zoom).

2. We can record the entire meeting and publish it to sites like YouTube,
so that people who cannot join the meeting can review the entire content
instead of just meeting note summary.

This would be very beneficial given the fact that we have pretty big
communities in US, Europe and Asia time zones, and most meetings can only
satisfy 2 time zones at best.

I have asked AWS internally but we can only offer free use of AWS Chime,
which is not a very popular choice and would probably result in fewer
people joining the meetings.

Any thoughts around this area?

Best,
Jack Ye