+1 on deprecating Java 8 in the next "catchable" Iceberg release.

+1 on removing Java 8 in Iceberg 2.0

+1 on _building_ for Java 11 in Iceberg 2.0

+1 on _building_ with Java 17 in Iceberg 2.0

I'd recommend to _build_ for Java 11 wherever possible (`javac --release 11`), because many users are concerned about bumping 2 Java LTS versions (8 ---> 17).

From our experience, it's fine to bump the JDK in CI to Java 17, that's the Java version that works for Spark 3.3..3.5 (with some JPMS options).

I'm less concerned about Spark 4 requiring Java 17 (`--release 17` can be configured for Spark 4, leaving everything at a lower version).

I'm quite concerned about Avro 1.12 requiring Java 17 - maybe we can stick w/ Avro 1.11.x.