It doesn’t matter how many configuration parameters your platform, database or
operating system has - the performance tuning usually takes place in business
deployments. The performance optimizations might happen behind the scene by
heuristic algorithms or basic checks or be explained in performance guides or
both.

This discussion is about this exact guide that is vital for DevOps and Admins.
Make it first and you’ll reveal the spots for auto-tuning. Otherwise, we can
spend months keeping a blind eye on this problem waiting for fully automated
heaven and cleanest API in the world but nothing will happen at all.

—
Denis